In response to the Covid-19 crisis we have launched our Howbeck How2 online video resource to all GP Practices for free for the next 6 months in an effort to support our clinicians and practices during the current pandemic. Our current content relating to understanding EMIS, EMIS Web and Docman 10 is particularly useful for practices with many staff now working from home, and to support recently retired and former front line staff returning to practice to enable them to quickly get up to speed on the various primary care systems. As this pandemic continues and practices are looking to work together more and more, our bundles on remote consultations will be a helpful resource to support you in this.
This site was originally being developed for release in the Autumn to support Practices and Primary Care Networks in optimising the use of IT systems in General Practice, particularly given the Additional Roles Requirement of the PCN DES.
The content on this site has been produced by our experienced team of clinicians and trained staff in primary care systems, however if you have a video that you would be willing to share on this site for free to support front line staff during this time, please get in touch here.
Welcome to our site
Aimed at everyone working in General Practice, clinicians and non-clinicians, this is a growing library of videos focussing on optimising use of the common IT systems. Dip in and out as you need to. Binge watch if you want to.The site and its resources will be free to use for everyone for the next 6 months to support the current Covid-19 crisis. Please provide any feedback and suggestions for new content. We will continue to add new content to support primary care during this time. Please register here for free to gain full access to all the videos etc etc
We recommend that you watch the two videos in the ‘Getting Started with How2’ bundle first.
How2 use this site
- If you are lucky enough to be able to access a desk with two screens, watch the How2 videos on one screen, and have the target software programme (e.g. EMIS Web or Docman) running on the other screen. Pause the video whenever you wish and practice the functionality on the actual software.
- To start using one of the bundles simply select the bundle of your choice from the display above, or go to the full bundle selection by selecting ‘Bundles’ from the top menu.
- You can also use the ‘Search’ option in the top left of the screen.
Videos can be watched in any order, and you can watch each one as many times as you wish.
- How2 will record completion of each video as you progress and you can pause midway through a video or bundle to return to the same spot at a later date.
- Keep an eye on the ‘What’s new on How2?’ section which will keep you up to date with new videos and new functionality